PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
To properly portray Chase Plastic Services professional image (courteous, poised, professional and friendly) either by phone or in person with customers, suppliers, internal staff and all other visitors. Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills and effective decision-making capability when handling reception desk and all other administrative responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Predictable and dependable attendance is mandatory to cover the main switchboard promptly at 8am
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly manner and direct them to the reception sitting area and notify the appropriate party that their guest has arrived
- Professionally administer all incoming calls in a courteous and personable manner
- Retrieve, open, and distribute daily mail
- Post daily outgoing mail in time for same day pick up
- Prepare and mail field sales mail every Thursday in time to be posted that day
- Prepare UPS and FedEx Shipments and overnight packages when needed
- Sales targets: prepare and distribute target account spreadsheet(s)
- Maintain and distribute monthly (or as necessary): sales I.D., CPS sales and CPS agents contact information, phone directory, speed dial list, warehouse, and CSR responsibilities master list
- Prepare administrative file folders when needed
- Prepare all supplies orders, including office supplies, kitchen supplies and building supplies. Submit to Executive Assistant for approval.
- Prepare All-Star Coffee order on Monday’s when needed
- Coordinate all customer survey inquiries. Responsible for reviewing, filling out of forms, and routing to Maria Discenna for review of any Terms and Conditions included
- Administrator for UPS accounts for sales persons
- Update Active Directory for any changes of phone/fax or title information.
- Process all Plastics News and Industry articles requests – acquire and distribute
- Forwarding incoming faxes to appropriate persons
- Scheduling: audio-visual conferences, meeting space scheduling, and Torrent. Also provide assistance to those needing conference room set-up
- The administrative assistant is also responsible for miscellaneous clerical duties and special projects as assigned by the HR Manager or members of the Executive Staff
- Responsible to maintaining university job posts current for HR Manager
- Purchase and arrangement delivery for new baby and wedding gifts and funeral flowers
- Prepare and distribute birthday and anniversary packages for responsible manager in a timely manner
- Maintain Average Daily Sales and Lean Numbers Reports daily. Send out previous week’s synopsis of report’s to appropriate personnel each Monday prior to the 10 AM Lean Meeting.
- Create, enter and post daily faxed checks, manual checks and lockbox deposit.
- Create and maintain the seller’s Highlight Report and PM Report. Send completed report’s to appropriate personnel every Tuesday.
- Maintain a clean and organized front desk workspace and mailroom
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE / TRAINING / SKILL and/or ABILITY
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently to meet the needs of the business. The following requirements are representative of minimum levels of the knowledge, training, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Possess excellent communications skills and must be customer service driven. High school diploma or GED equivalent is required. One year experience in customer service and/or as a receptionist is preferred. Individual must always practice exceptional phone etiquette and communication skills in their daily work routine and maintain a professional and positive demeanor at all times. Proficient in the use of all Microsoft® Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task required. The ability to assume responsibility for projects, exercise initiative and judgment, then implement actions with minimum supervision. The ability to speak and communicate well with fellow employees and customers via written or verbal communications.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking periodically throughout the day; or reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting up to 25 pounds as required to file documents or store materials and/or office supplies throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. Finger and wrist dexterity with repetitive motion also required. For the most part, working conditions will be in ambient room temperatures, and lighting and traditional office equipment provided as found in a typical office environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Chase Plastics is proud to be recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the industry by Plastics News (2018 and 2016 respectively) as voted by our employees. Some of the benefits our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages and bonus program
- Generous healthcare benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) match program
- Paid time off, holidays and paid volunteer day
- ½ paid gym memberships
- Training program to support new hires
- Ongoing professional and leadership development opportunities
- Fresh fruit and infused water provided daily at no cost to employees
- Work hard, play hard company mentality
- Fun employee engagement activities such as cornhole tournaments, family picnics, Tiger ticket giveaways, Halloween Wars, jeans Fridays, etc.