Dorling Kindersley Publishing LLC
New York City, NY
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 6M+ members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re adding a Marketing Manager to our team who resonates with the following:
- You live in the marketing & media world: This is your JAM. You spend your day creating impactful marketing plans and making media buys. Your life is about driving traffic to brands.
- You can rock every stage of campaign marketing: from cold-calling potential partners to imagining a smart integrated partnership to account management.
- You know the demo:You know the plot lines to shows like Riverdale, Stranger Things, and On My Block. You have watched To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before at least once and obsess over Noah Centineo just as much as we do.
- You have ideas, contacts, and endless ambition for making DoSomething.org as visible in teens lives as their instagram feed
- Strategy. Lead strategy for campaign marketing plans, bringing new and fresh ideas to the table so each campaign launch is big, bold, and unique.
- Partnerships. Across verticals, you will develop new partnerships for DoSomething.org that will drive big membership for campaigns across verticals (TV, out of home, online & print mags, radio, etc.). You’ll also continuously analyze campaign effectiveness and allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities/most effective paid acquisition channels.
- New sources of traffic. Identify new sources of good traffic (not just visits to sites, but sign ups for our campaigns and key org KPIs). Lock lead marketing partners for every tent-pole campaign & DoSomething.org at large to ensure we have a partner with an audience of at least 2 million driving to our campaigns.
- Process. Implement efficient systems to streamline partnership standards. You’ll also work with the DoSomething.org Marketing Advisory Committee to ensure we’re talking to the right people and at the forefront of innovative marketing practices.
- Cold-pitching. To bring in new partnerships, you’ll be cold-pitching media & marketing outlets to get DoSomething.org on their radar (cold-calling, cold-emailing, coming up with creative ways to get in the door).
- Presenting marketing strategy to corporate partners. You’ll be responsible for presenting the marketing strategies to corporate partners, and leading external updates throughout the campaign process of marketing highlights, successes, learnings, etc. You’ll also synthesize marketing analytics for campaign wrap reports.
- You’re working it right now. We’re looking for someone in the field that will bring in existing relationships. You’re currently rocking it in business development, sales, or partnerships,, and you have experience working with well known brands.
- Contacts. We’re looking for someone with a rolodex, except that nobody has rolodexes anymore, so we’re looking for someone with solid email, or Snapchat (j/k) contacts.
- You’re everyone’s BFF. Walking into a room and meeting new people is your thing; your passion is infectious.
- Creative and solution oriented. You won’t take no without trying 6 other ways to get a yes. You think creatively about solutions (across partnerships, your own work challenges, etc). You’re scrappy & get stuff done.
- You know pop culture. Your knowledgeable of pop culture and the teen trends of the moment (you’ve rocked out to Chloe x Halle, Troye Sivan, Ariana Grande, and Khalid, for research purposes, of course).
- You can communicate well. Your ability to communicate effectively makes your high school debate coach hella proud.
- You’re, like, a reallyyyy good person. You are passionate about what we do: getting young people across the globe to take action on important social issues.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday, Valentine’s day, and a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways of making coffee.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
Please, no phone calls. Please, an interesting cover letter.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended — for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.