Tandem Diabetes Care
San Diego, CA
What you’ll be doing:
Tandem is looking for an experienced Corporate Development professional responsible for identifying, cultivating and negotiating new business development opportunities to strengthen the Company’s competitive position and drive long-term growth. This role will also work closely with the Company’s Senior Management Team to manage current strategic business relationships. Reporting to the EVP & General Counsel, this role will work collaboratively with leaders across multiple company departments to develop long-term strategic themes for the company and identify new business opportunities in support of these themes. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating at a technical level at the rapidly-evolving intersection of medical devices, healthcare, mobile computing and data management, and demonstrated experience in a corporate business development leadership role. This is a new position within our growing team.
Who we are:
Here at Tandem, Diabetes is all we do, and we are dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better, through relentless innovation. Tandem has created the simple-to-use t:slim X2 Insulin Pump with Basal IQ technology. Designed, assembled and supported from our San Diego, CA headquarters, the t:slim X2 with Basal IQ is the only color, touch-screen insulin pump that is capable of remote feature updates, has a predictive low glucose suspend (PLGS) feature to help reduce the frequency and duration of low glucose events, and offers compatibility with continuous glucose monitoring.
Read more about our company & culture here: and see what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
What you need for this position:
- Ph.D. and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- BA/BS in a scientific, engineering, financial, business or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- 10 years’ corporate managerial or business development experience.
- 5 years’ experience in a strategic management or consulting role.
- Must be capable of operating at a technical level at the rapidly-evolving intersection of medical devices, healthcare, mobile computing and data management.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated track record of identifying, negotiating and managing successful strategic alliances, partnerships, licensing arrangements and other third-party relationships.
- Ability to model, structure and negotiate both traditional and innovative business arrangements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and close high value projects, and experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to senior management and Board of Directors; refined executive communication and presentation abilities.
- Understanding of global market dynamics with a keen knowledge and awareness of competitive products, solutions, and service offerings.
- Demonstrated competency across a broad spectrum that includes, but not limited to, strategic planning, data analysis, market assessment, product positioning, pricing and reimbursement, and alliance management.
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and strong working relationships both inside and outside the Company.
- Superior quantitative, analytic and financial modeling skills.
- High ethical standards; excellent judgment; professional integrity and proven discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Team player with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Proficient computer software skills, to include Microsoft Office products.
What’s in it for you?
We’ve got you covered. We offer a robust benefits package to support your health and your family. From medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care – Tandem’s got you covered!
Stay well with us. Enjoy the outdoors during your workday by biking, running, or walking on one of our nearby trails. Or, break a quick sweat at our offsite gym, which boasts luxurious amenities including specialty fitness classes and state-of-the-art equipment.
Invest in your career. Tandem offers all employees access to training and development programs and courses to help keep your career and skillset updated, not outdated.
Live your life. Relax with generous paid time off and celebrate 10 paid holidays in your first year. Save for your future with a company-sponsored 401(k) plan. Look forward to saving money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, movies, restaurants, and so much more with our exclusive employee discount program. Tandem will also grant you stock options upon hire and the option to enroll in our lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Celebrate in Tandem. Join in monthly employee get-togethers, tacos for Cinco de Mayo, corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day, costume-contest for Halloween, and the annual JDRF walk.
San Diego, California, United States