South Jordan, UT
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you. Job Description
The ideal candidates is a creative, self-starter. We are looking for a strong digital illustrator who can work in a variety of different styles and is fearless in trying new things. The ability to work independently and as part of a team, comfortable creating original art as well as working with licensed art.
- Work with the Illustration Team to create new, compelling art.
- Learn and follow correct Illustration department procedures.
- Create inspiration boards and illustration guides, create art from them as assigned.
- Implement art direction when given. Give and receive constructive artistic feedback.
- Work to build the team’s skills and learn from peers.
- Collaborate with the other departments as needed.
- Ability to multitask; flexibility to move from project to project as priorities change.
- Keep current and trend-forward in fashion, home décor, crafting and other creative areas as appropriate.
- Experience with converting surface designs to created patterns.
- Strong background in graphic designs, logo creation or t-shirt design.
- Ability to design physical 3D boxes and shapes from paper, chipboard and other materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art/Illustration/Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop is a plus.
- Ability to illustrate and design in a wide variety of styles and ability to follow style guides when creating art.
- Ability to take art direction and implement it and offer and receive constructive feedback on art.
- Ability to multitask with the flexibility to move from project to project as priorities change.
- Other skills: general crafting, sewing skills, woodworking, leather making, paper crafting, paper architect, screen printing, fine art painting, animating.
What to Do Next: What to Do Next: Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable and if you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!