Mile High United Way
Generalist, Human Resources
(Talent acquisition, training and development, performance management)
Working side-by-side with the community, Mile High United Way takes on the biggest, most complex issues facing Metro Denver. Our united approach changes the odds for the children, families, and individuals in our community, and moves them out of poverty. We do this because we believe every child has the right to a safe and stimulating place to learn, and that when every youth in Metro Denver graduates prepared for a career or college, our community is stronger. We also know that when people don’t have their most basic needs met, longer-term goals, like finding financial stability, are out of reach. And when we work together, we make a lasting, sustainable impact on our community.
The Generalist, Human Resources, works closely with other members of the HR team and the staff at Mile High United Way to provide professional support and continuous quality improvement in the areas of benefits and compensation, employee relations, talent acquisition, staff development and implementation of policies and procedures following the organization’s mission, vision and core values. This position has the lead responsibility within Human Resources for recruiting, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management and employee engagement initiatives. Additionally, the Generalist will support Human Resources initiatives and goals that help advance the organization’s human capital and workforce strategy.
- Responsible for administrating recruitment strategy and staffing logistics for all exempt and non-exempt employees, interns and apprentices.
- Under general supervision and direction, initiates departmental job analysis, job design, and workforce planning
- Responsible for full cycle recruiting activities including advertising, sourcing, new hire paperwork, background screenings, and staff selection.
- Partner with hiring managers to discuss candidate status and develop sourcing strategies for hard-to-fill roles.
- Manage and develops vendor and community relationships, participates in recruitment outreach activities to strengthen the candidate pipeline.
- Ensures all hiring processes are in compliance with federal/state/local laws.
- Responsible for the on/off boarding processes, including 30 60 90-day check-ins, and exit interviews.
- Maintains applicant tracking software, including posting of job vacancies and analytics including: time to fill, applicant status updates, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining job descriptions. This includes working with supervisors when developing and updating roles.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Identifies training and developmental needs to formulate education and training programs
- Responsible for developing training materials, administering program, evaluating training effectiveness through training satisfaction surveys, and tracking participants.
- Responsible for developing and implementing educational and training initiatives aligned with the organization’s values of diversity and inclusion.
- Facilitates training sessions and works with outside trainers (MHUW staff, contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Responsible for developing and implementing training calendar throughout the year and distributing all information.
- Maintains internal training data tracking log, training reconciliation log, staff training requests, and tuition reimbursement data.
- Responsible for administration and oversight of the annual performance management process.
- Responsible for training supervisors and staff on the performance management cycle and performance appraisals.
- Responsible for training supervisors and employees on using all performance management software.
- Responsible for the implementation of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Responsible for coordinating various employee engagement activities such as: the annual Company Picnic, Halloween Party, and Winter Celebration for all staff.
- Regularly assist with employee relations issues as needed.
- Supports the development and implementation of various human resource plans and procedures including the development and implementation of personnel policies and the maintenance of the employee handbook.
- Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Supports the strategic implementation of HR programs to help align the department with the goals of the company, including total rewards, talent management, employee relations, coaching and compensation.
- Assist with the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures and related documents as needed, provides suggestions and implements recommendations for system/process improvements to ensure adequate internal controls and efficient work processes.
- Maintains current working knowledge of federal laws (HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA) and Section 125 guidelines. Research and report on Human Resource best practices.
- Complete external surveys relating to compensation, benefits and other human resources practices.
- Creates draft documents under the sensitivity of time and/or confidentiality.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations (internal and external) by ensuring that all verbal, telephone and written inquiries and requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Supports the coordinating of Monthly All Staff Meetings.
- Assists with the day-to-day efficiency operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related discipline. Qualified candidates without a Bachelor’s degree, may substitute a minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience to meet the educational requirement.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred, but not required
- Minimum 3 years of direct human resource experience at the Coordinator level.
- Experience facilitating training and group presentations.
- Experience leading projects to completion.
- Competent in recruitment and selection, as well as policy and procedure interpretation.
- Must have working knowledge of state and federal laws along with practical application
- Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate and present in person, in writing and on the telephone effectively with both large and small groups.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize work assignments, operate under time and work volume pressure, and work with detail and statistics.
- Ability to maintain security and confidentiality of information, documents and files.
- Adept at working with numbers and complex spreadsheets.
- Experience with financial and automated payroll timekeeping application programs is required.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS) experience, including report management and data integrity: ApplicantPro, Paycom, and Spiceworks experience a plus.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT Typical office environment. Ability to operate a computer for extended periods. May be required to lift 20lbs.
TO APPLY – Please visit
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro