Tandem Diabetes Care
San Diego, CA
You’ll be responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of the company’s facilities operations. This includes planning, estimating and executing complex projects, overseeing day-to-day facilities maintenance and support and setting the strategic vision for the company’s corporate footprint.
Who we are:
Here at Tandem, Diabetes is all we do and we are dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better, through relentless innovation. ‘In Tandem’ means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. We believe that working in tandem, not in isolation, is the best way to continually exceed expectations.
We’ve have been named one of the fastest growing insulin pump companies in the U.S! Why? Designed, assembled and supported from our San Diego, CA headquarters, Tandem has created the simple-to-use t:slim X2 Insulin Pump, which is the smallest pump available, the only color touch-screen insulin pump capable of remote feature updates, and the first CGM-enabled pump approved to let users make treatment decisions without pricking their finger.
Read more about our company & culture here: and see what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive the corporate space planning and facility strategy including both domestic and international operations.
- Lead the footprint planning strategy for the business associated with both short and long-term capital expenditures.
- Translate business objectives into project planning priorities, creates and manages work plans and timelines for multiple projects, and finalizes negotiations in the time-frame designated for the project.
- Ensure all projects are compliant to all state, local and company codes, regulations and standards.
- Provide oversight of various facility management processes and systems including:
- Janitorial and security services
- Procurement of all office furniture, equipment and supplies
- Building maintenance and engineering including manufacturing and lab facility maintenance
- Workspace build-outs and moves
- Oversee the company’s Health, Safety & Environment strategy including workers compensation and OSHA reporting.
- Responsible for the overall relationship with external partners, including real estate brokers, consultants and government representatives.
- Oversee the company’s strategy for and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity planning programs.
- Work closely with the Facilities team members to present business plans and gain all necessary approvals for the purchase or lease acquisitions, dispositions, consolidations, and major projects.
- Partner with Finance in the development of financial models that support management decision-making on potential real estate transactions and capital investments.
- Lead cross functional team(s) in the establishment, planning and implementation of construction projects and programs.
- Oversee the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for all properties and facilities.
- Drive continuous improvements in service levels, operating costs, energy & sustainability, quality and safety.
- Display strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers, and clients.
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other safety requirements.
- Support the short and long term planning for the department including headcount, budgeting, training, and systems requirements.
- Participate in the selection, development, performance appraisal, merit recommendation, and promotion of staff.
- Ensure department staff is properly trained, per designated training plan, before assuming job responsibilities.
- Develop and manages schedules and performance requirements of staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need for this position:
- Highly customer focused with demonstrated experience leading an internal, service-based organization.
- Ability to negotiate complex facility agreements in order to ensure the best outcomes for the business.
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of developing, executing and managing complex, multi-location facility strategies.
- Ability to present a clear analysis of complex financial and organizational information to executives.
- Strong change management skills with the ability to influence others and gain cooperation at all levels of the organization.
- Deep understanding of real estate related processes: strategic sourcing, supply chain management, human capital management, facilities management, location management, lease transaction management, design, construction and project management.
- Strong business acumen, organizational skills, analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent business judgment, problem-solving and decision-making abilities; Proven ability to think outside of the box and innovate.
- Compliance knowledge of building codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirements.
- A positive approach to people and problem solutions along with a strong sense of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively and be able to identify and recommend best course of action from several alternatives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience driving projects to completion within agreed upon timelines; anticipating and mitigating road blocks accordingly.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project and AutoCAD for effective management reporting and presentation.
Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate Healthcare or Finance or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- Facilities Management Certification strongly preferred.
- 15 years progressive leadership experience in a corporate real estate, real estate planning and technology, talent management and operations, or consulting role with a global organization; experience managing or providing services to a geographically diverse real estate portfolio.
What’s in it for you?
We’ve got you covered. We offer a robust benefits package to support your health and your family. From medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care – Tandem’s got you covered!
Stay well with us. Enjoy the outdoors during your workday by biking, running, or walking on one of our nearby trails. Or check out our offsite gym, which boasts luxurious amenities including specialty fitness classes and state-of-the-art equipment.
Invest in your career. Tandem offers all employees access to training and development programs and courses to help keep your career and skillset updated, not outdated.
Live your life. Relax with 20 days of paid time off and celebrate 10 paid holidays in your first year. Save for your future with a company-provided 401(k) plan. Look forward to saving money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, movies, restaurants, and so much more with our exclusive employee discount program.
Celebrate in Tandem. Join in monthly employee get-togethers, tacos for Cinco de Mayo, corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day, costume-contest for Halloween, and the annual JDRF walk.
San Diego, California, United States